Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Everything I make fuck around and be a single



191. Mack 10 & the Dogg Pound - "Nothin' But the Cavi Hit" (Priority Records, 1996)

This was on the soundtrack to rap doc Rhyme & Reason, which I know I saw sometime around its release but didn't leave much of an impact on myself or the culture at large. I don't hear this song talked about much either, but it'll always have a place in my library, mostly for Daz's textbook riding around in the sunshine beat. Mack 10 was never exactly Rakim, but you can't really sound wack on this beat. I remember it getting quite a bit of play on the video channels when it came out, but it is, in retrospect, a rather modest song. Still a great one though, and definitely on the mix CD I'ma make for the first time I get to drive a car this summer.

No comments: