Monday, April 13, 2009

"I cherish every hug" (R&B WEEK!)



169. K-Ci and JoJo - "All My Life" (MCA Records, 1998)

I've been putting together music for an R&B themed birthday party that's coming up in a few days, so I've decided that it's R&B Week here on Yes More Drama. I'm not quite sure what that's gonna entail yet (and isn't every week around here more or less R&B Week) but let's get a'rockin!

In my rebirth as an R&B fan (I def was at some point in mid-90s, then stopped for a while) I'm pretty sure the type of song that it took me longest to get back into is the sincere, not particularly sex-drenched slow jam. The faster paced poppy/dancey stuff I dug right away, and the LOLKelly sex jams worked for me, but I'm really only coming back around on stuff on this in the last year.

But God, this song was sooo huge, wasn't it? I'm can definitely sing along to it with great accuracy and I'm not sure I even liked it at the time. I remember dancing to it at like a seventh grade dance, though I'm not sure if I should take the poetic license to lie and say I remember what girl I was dancing with. I'd prolly just remember the one that my 12 year old self would have wanted to be dancing to this song with. Naw, let's not.


No comments: