Monday, December 28, 2009

YMD's Super Sweet Sixteen: TRAILERS EDITION pt 2


The holidays kind of caught up with me, and when I realized I still had about 50% of my Christmas shopping to do, I figured putting off the final six trailers on this list might have to wait just a hot minute. Well, now I'm done, have eaten my weight in shellfish, slept for two days, and arisen to bring you the six greatest movie commercials of the decade. I know you were waiting with baited breath. You're welcome.

6. Femme Fatale (2002)
You're all like "whaaat? What the shit is this movie?" And then I'm all "The one where Rebecca Romijn (then Stamos) Mission Impossibles herself into a ladies room to make out with a chick wearing a gold snake because that gold snake is worth a bajillion dollars!" And you're like "DUH." Brian De Palma may be incapable of making a decent movie in the last couple decades, but he can make a damn good trailer.

5. A Serious Man (2009)


4. A Single Man (2009)
If I haven't made it clear by now, I love a trailer that gives nothing away. And apparently I love a trailer that also looks like a Gucci ad, because I love this one.

3. The Man Who Wasn't There (2001)
As I mentioned in the last post, this is a prime example of a DVD I bought so I could watch the trailer again.


2. The Strangers (2008)
Showing this before any scary movie automatically ruined it. The actual movie wasn't even as this. I'm even more terrified when I listen to Joanna Newsom than I was previously.


1. Little Children (2006)
I've probably watched this 25 times since I started writing this list. Which was about two weeks ago. Yikes. There you have it folks.

No comments: