Saturday, December 26, 2009

YMD and Friends Film Bonanza part 8


I just finished having a drink with Kevin, whose top 5 you are about to read. He works on top secret stuff so I don't really have much to say as an intro. He is our only representative in the DC area. So that's something.

5. Serenity dir. Joss Whedon (2005)
Lots of fun and showed me how awesome Nathan Fillion can be.  Plus he breaks both of Chiwetel Ejiofor's arms in this movie.  When does that ever happen?

4. The Incredibles dir. Brad Bird (2005)
The moment where Mr. Incredible says he isn't strong enough to lose his family again gets me every time.  That, and I love when the kid on the big wheel says "I don't know...something amazing I guess...."

3. Iron Man dir. Jon Favreau (2008)
It was nice that when I got a job working for Lockheed a few people I knew equated it to working for Stark Industries.  Let me tell you it is not.  I wish my job was like this movie.

2. Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog dir. Joss Whedon (2008)
I think I have told more people to see this than anything I've ever watched, with the possible exception of RAD.  The songs are just a joy to listen to, with "My Eyes" being my top pick.

1. Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi) dir. Hayao Miyazaki (2001)
I love this movie.  I love the style, the background design, the way No Face unsettles me, and the way the radish spirit squeaks when it walks.


Couldn't have said any better myself, Kev. Or could I have? We'll see!

No comments: