Monday, June 23, 2008

"We're gonna win that fight!"

So I went down on the G train today to meet up with the dude who offered to buy my ticket for the Wednesday Liz Phair show on Craig's List, and afterwards, armed with $50 ($17 profit), I figured I'd explore the neighborhood (off the Bergen stop and a few blocks north so...Boerum Hill, I think? whatevers) and find some food. I ended up at Kyoto Sushi on Smith and Pacific and ordered my usual Miso Soup and Philly Roll, and decided to add something ridiculous.

So, I ordered my first ever completely deep fried roll, the TNT Roll, and boy was it funny. The roll was decent enough, whitefish, eel, smoked salmon, and cream cheese (I think that's it) battered and fried. The fish inside cooked a little, so it was a different texture from most whitefish or eel sushi, and it was a nice little changed.

The funny part, however, was when I first ordered the roll and proceeded to watch and listen to the chef look kind of confused and talk to the other chef, waitress, and manager while they all pointed at various menus. They weren't speaking English of course, but I understood the constant repetition of "TNT Roll" just fine. Anyways, I sure did feel happy with the ridiculousness of my order.

No comments: