Thursday, August 6, 2009

Adios Minagua

Tomorrow morning I will wake up and leave for the States.

My only feeling is that I wish that I could stay for at least another week.

I really feel that I have a lot of unfinished business left in Nicaragua. There were a lot of people and a lot of things that I was just starting to connect with. I wish that I could spend more time with some of the orphans. I wish that I could see more of La Chureca, the country side and the new orphanage being built in a nearby town.

Life goes on. My flight leaves tomorrow. My grandparents are expecting me on Saturday. On Wednesday, I have an interview for a prestigious job and I don´t know if I care about it anymore.

Not to get too MH'esque but when spending time in the orphanage this week, I learned that the hardest thing to do wasn´t picking the kids up. It was putting them down.

No comments: