Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Duck, you sucker


(photo from Yelp)


Well, I finally did it. On my third trip to Hot Doug's and my second in a matter of days, I had the fabled Foie Gras and Sauternes Duck Sausage with Truffle Aioli, Foie Gras Mousse, and Sel Gris and it was just as wonderful as I imagined. I first took a little bite of the foie gras and it was as rich and smooth as I dreamed. Then I took a little lick of the Truffle Aioli and it was slightly tangy and it tasted like a rainbow in the summer in my mouth. And then I took a big bite of the whole ducky thing and I just sat there and grinned a goofy grin at my lunch mates and it was good.

Also, the truffle aioli, besides being delicious, is such a wonderful punchline. The duck sausage plus duck liver pate mousse not extravagant for ya? Here's some truffles for ya! God bless ya, Doug Sohn.

No comments: