Thursday, January 29, 2009

So pick a BC date, cuz you're history


229. Big Daddy Kane - "Ain't No Half Steppin" (Cold Chillin', 1988)
230. Dizzee Rascall - "Fix Up Look Sharp" (XL Recordings, 2003)
231. Jay-Z - "99 Problems" (Roc-a-Fella Records, 2004)


I've Got the White Rice, I Get on Down

My mom used to make something like this, and I thought I'd do it the other day. It's kind of like a rice pudding, except with no pudding to speak of. It's a good snack or dessert though, and a great way to use up some white rice.

Simply grab some cold, cooked white rice and a peeled apple, and mix something like 3 parts rice to 1 part grated apple. Then add a few dashes of cinnamon and a few tablespoons of sour cream and mix it all together. If it looks like it needs more sour cream, add more sour cream. It ain't rocket science, I assure you. Mine looked like this (and tasted delicious):


No comments: