Tuesday, September 23, 2008

(When You Wake) You're Still in a Dream


So we went to the Roseland for the big My Bloody Valentine to do last nite, earplugs in hand, and it was pretty much the greatest thing ever as advertised, some parts of it almost overwhelmingly so. I ended up taking my earplugs out for a good bit of it, because while I value my hearing, I really do, I just couldn't bear not hearing every single bit of noise. I mean, My Bloody fucking Valentine!

"Only Shallow," I swear, if I had any more stimulation I would've exploded. "Soon" was similarly wonderful. And then, the much-vaunted "You Made Me Realize" holocaust section. For real tho, it sounded like a nuclear explosion stretched out for over ten minutes, and then when I took my earplugs out for a second it sounded like that plus a billion people shrieking. Me and Conor both thought of the above-pictured scene from Raiders. It was beautiful.

No comments: