Thursday, November 19, 2009

How old are you, are you old enough


83. Happy Mondays - "24 Hour Party People (Jon Carter's Main Vocal Mix)" (London Records, 2002)

So the joke's on me! I was looking around for a video of this song (which could theoretically make it here on title alone), and I noticed all the streamable versions I found were different than the one I've been listening to for the last decade. So I did a little surfing of the ole web and apparently this whole decade I've been listening to this remix of "24 Hour Party People" that came out around the time of the film of the same name and not, in fact, the original. This is slightly embarrassing but goes a long way to explain why I've never been able to really get into a lot of other Happy Mondays songs, thinking it was just a gap in quality. The original sounds way less like "Groove Is in the Heart" than this mix and therefore isn't nearly as good.

No comments: